This year’s alumni weekend already has people talking.
We’re so excited about this year’s Alumni Weekend that we’ve moved it up a month, to September. Last year, 5,000 BU alumni returned for Alumni Weekend, and we’re expecting even more this year. The University has parties, class reunions, talks, campus tours, and special events planned Friday, September 21 through Sunday, September 23, with School of Management events on Friday and Saturday, September 21 and 22.
Here’s just a taste of why this is one Alumni Weekend you don’t want to miss.
University-wide programming highlights:
- An extraordinary Celebration of BU on Saturday night is sure to be the highlight of Alumni Weekend. Enjoy performances by Keith Lockhart (Hon.’04) and the Boston Pops Orchestra, and celebrity alumni appearances in a completely transformed Agganis Arena. Guaranteed to be an extravaganza unlike anything seen before at BU.
- A Taste of BU. Grab your friends and family and come outside to enjoy BU! Join us for New England fare and enjoy entertainment on the BU Beach.
- Hot topic panel discussions. Join BU experts for lively debates about today’s most pressing issues.
- Farewell Jazz Brunch. Enjoy one last hurrah (and some incredible live jazz) before you depart campus at the brand-new Center for Student Services.
SMG-specific programming highlights:
Friday, September 21
- FCC and Alumni Relations Student Networking Breakfast: Learn how you can leverage and engage the impressive and extensive BU professional network.
- Alumni and Faculty Panel Discussions: Join fellow alumni and current faculty for spirited discussions focusing on three key industries. See how the revised SMG curriculum reflects a shifting economy and bridges theory and practice positioning graduates for success.
- MBA Poster Session & Lunch: Come celebrate Alumni Weekend during your lunch break! Show your SMG pride by returning for a casual, family-friendly lunch with SMG faculty, MBA students, and staff. There will be a poster session of MBA student presentations on display during the lunch.
- SMG Reception and Dean’s Welcome: Join fellow SMG alumni and faculty at a cocktail mixer hosted by Boston University School of Management’s Allen Questrom Professor and Dean Ken Freeman.
- MBA Reunion Dinner: All classes ending in “2″ or “7,” it’s your year!
Saturday, September 22
- Entrepreneurial Bootcamp: Bring your dream and leave with a plan.
- SMG Outward Bound Adventure (Boston style): Come check out our new $1M classroom, then head into the city for this interactive competition with other SMG teams with clues and information sent into the field from our state-of-the-art classroom.