Want a new job this year? Our 5th Annual Career Toolkit Series with Gary Bergmann, Assistant Director of Graduate Career Services, is open to all current Professional Evening MBA students as well as all SMG alumni, regardless of graduation year, beginning in January 2014. Sessions have filled up quickly in past years. If you’re interested in attending an upcoming session, review the dates below, learn more about the topics, and register for your choices.
|2014 Career Sessions|
|January 4||9am – 11:30am||BU North | Room 1||Résumés and Cover Letters|
|12:30pm – 3pm||BU North | Room 1||LinkedIn & Networking|
|January 11||9am – 11:30am||Boston | Room 208||Résumés and Cover Letters|
|12:30pm – 3pm||Boston | Room 208||LinkedIn & Networking|
|January 18||9am – 11:30am||BU North | Room 1||Interviewing Strategies & Practice|
|12:30pm – 3pm||BU North | Room 1||Negotiation Strategies & Practice|
|January 25||9am – 11:30am||Boston | Room 208||Interviewing Strategies & Practice|
|12:30pm – 3pm||Boston | Room 208||Negotiation Strategies & Practice|
Boston Campus sessions are at the School of Management: 595 Commonwealth Avenue. While this class is free of charge to you, we are unable to honor requests for paid parking. There are 4-hour meters on Bay State Road (parallels Comm Ave one block closer to the Charles River) and a pay lot on the corner of Comm. Ave. and Deerfield St. Or you can take the MBTA Green Line: C or D train to Kenmore Square – or – B train to Blandford Street stop.
BU North’s address is 100 Apollo Drive, Chelmsford, MA. As you enter the business park, we are in the very first building on the left; plenty of free parking in front (coffee, tea, and cocoa too!). Enter the corner front door, walk down the left corridor, and BU is on the left side of the hallway.
School of Management Feld Career Center
The Feld Career Center (FCC) is here to assist you beyond graduation. All of the Center’s services, from developing a job search strategy to helping you negotiate your best offer from your next employer, are available to School of Management alumni free of charge.
The FCC’s services include the following:
- One-on-one career counseling: The FCC boasts dedicated counselors for our alumni population, who can help you navigate a new job search, prepare for interviews, negotiate compensation, and advise you on career concerns.
- Resume & cover letter review: Our counselor can help you develop a strategy to make sure your resume does not get overlooked.
- Skill building workshops: The FCC offers workshops on topics ranging from interview strategies, 30-second pitch development, negotiations, and LinkedIn networking throughout the year. All events are listed on the Upcoming Events page.
- Personal branding: Our counselor can help you develop your personal brand, which is an essential component of a modern job search.
- Networking: Our counselor can assist in developing strategies and tactics to make the most of the networking events held by the School and University.
- BU CareerLink : A web-based database, updated daily for students, alumni, and employers by the Feld Career Center. The site contains valuable career-related information. Alumni use it to submit resumes and cover letters, as well as to sign up for all career events and interview schedules. Employers post job opportunities and their company profiles.
The FCC also provides opportunities for alumni to get involved and prepare current students for success through the Career Advisory Network, networking events, and alumni presentations.
Whatever your career goals, the Feld Career Center is here for you. To make an appointment or to inquire about opportunities for involvement, please visit the CareerLink website above and contact the FCC at email@example.com or 617-353-2834.
Frederick S. Pardee Management Library
Pardee Library welcomes alumni to visit the library and to use library resources. Available services include borrowing of books and onsite access to most business and management databases.
Visit Pardee Library’s website for more information.
Boston University Center for Career Development
The Center for Career Development (CCD) provides a range of services to alumni, including career counseling, career assessment packages, expos, and access to their resource library.
Visit the CCD’s website for more information on alumni services and upcoming events.