Want a new job this year? Once again, our career sessions with Gary Bergmann, Assistant Director of Graduate Career Services, are open to alumni beginning in January 2013. Sessions have filled up quickly in past years. If you’re interested in attending an upcoming session, review the dates and topics below and email Amanda Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org with your choices.
|2013 Career Sessions|
|January 5||9:00 am-Noon||Boston, SMG Room 208||Resumé and Cover Letters|
|January 12||9:00 am-Noon||North Campus||Resumé and Cover Letters|
|January 19||9:00 am-Noon||Boston, SMG Room 208||Networking and LinkedIn|
|January 26||9:00 am-Noon||North Campus||Networking and LinkedIn|
|February 2||9:00 am-Noon||Boston, SMG Room 324||Interviewing Strategies and Practice|
|1:00 pm-3:00 pm||Boston, SMG Room 324||Strengthening Your 30-Second Pitch (Pre-req: Networking and LinkedIn)|
|February 9||9:00 am-Noon||North Campus||Interviewing Strategies and Practice|
|1:00 pm-3:00 pm||North Campus||Strengthening Your 30-Second Pitch (Pre-req: Networking and LinkedIn)|
|February 16||9:00 am-Noon||Boston, SMG Room 208||Negotiation Strategies and Practice|
|1:00 pm-3:00 pm||Boston, SMG Room 208||Advanced LinkedIn (Pre-req: Networking and LinkedIn)|
|February 23||9:00 am-Noon||North Campus||Negotiation Strategies and Practice|
|1:00 pm-3:00 pm||North Campus||Advanced LinkedIn (Pre-req: Networking and LinkedIn)|
School of Management Feld Career Center
The Feld Career Center (FCC) is here to assist you beyond graduation. All of the Center’s services, from developing a job search strategy to helping you negotiate your best offer from your next employer, are available to School of Management alumni free of charge.
The FCC’s services include the following:
- One-on-one career counseling: The FCC boasts a dedicated counselor for our alumni population, who can help you navigate a new job search, prepare for interviews, negotiate compensation, and advise you on career concerns.
- Resume & cover letter review: Our counselor can help you develop a strategy to make sure your resume does not get overlooked.
- Skill building workshops: The FCC offers workshops on topics ranging from interview strategies, 30-second pitch development, negotiations, and LinkedIn networking throughout the year. All events are listed on the Upcoming Events page.
- Personal branding: Our counselor can help you develop your personal brand, which is an essential component of a modern job search.
- Networking: Our counselor can assist in developing strategies and tactics to make the most of the networking events held by the School and University.
- BU CareerLink : A web-based database, updated daily for students, alumni, and employers by the Feld Career Center. The site contains valuable career-related information. Alumni use it to submit resumes and cover letters, as well as to sign up for all career events and interview schedules. Employers post job opportunities and their company profiles.
The FCC also provides opportunities for alumni to get involved and prepare current students for success through the Career Advisory Network, networking events, and alumni presentations.
Whatever your career goals, the Feld Career Center is here for you. To make an appointment or to inquire about opportunities for involvement, please visit the CareerLink website above and contact the FCC at email@example.com or 617-353-2834.
Frederick S. Pardee Management Library
Pardee Library welcomes alumni to visit the library and to use library resources. Available services include borrowing of books and onsite access to most business and management databases.
Visit Pardee Library’s website for more information.
Boston University Center for Career Development
The Center for Career Development (CCD) provides a range of services to alumni, including career counseling, career assessment packages, expos, and access to their resource library.
Visit the CCD’s website for more information on alumni services and upcoming events.