Sucharita Chandran Counts Zero as a Special Price
Sucharita Chandran, in her presentation at the “Creating and Capturing Value through Marketing” conference at Boston University on April 3, 2009, discusses different strategies for marketing promotions and how customers react to them. In this clip, she focuses on how free promotions tend to create much more powerful “preference reversals” than discounts do.
Chandran is Assistant Professor of Marketing at Boston University School of Management.
Related Videos from the Creating and Capturing Value through Marketing Conference:
- Prof. & Dean Lou Lataif Discusses Developing a Feel for the “Art” of Business and Marketing
- Prof. Frederic Brunel on Visual Cues in Product and Package Design
- Prof. Susan Fournier Talks Politics, Community, and Conflict in Marketing
- Prof. Shuba Srinivasan Combines Hard and Soft Marketing Metrics
- Prof. CB Bhattacharya on Stakeholder Reactions and ROI from CSR Activities