Jerry Steinberg, Senior Medical Director and Chief Quality Officer, Cambridge Health Alliance
In this video, Jerry Steinberg, Senior Medical Director and CQO and Cambridge Health Alliance, traces the beginnings of the transparency movement back twenty hears, yet argues that we’re still in the early stages of conversation on this topic.
What patients most want to know about care settings, Steinberg has found, is the experience of other patients in that setting. “We’re getting better” at providing them the information that they want, but we still have further to go, he says.
Steinberg also addresses the attributes and expertise needed to succeed in today’s health care industry, placing listening and teaming skills at the top.
- The Health Sector MBA Curriculum
- Health Sector Management Degrees at the School of Management
- The Transparency Tipping Point: Business trends, care implications, and innovation in the health sector
- Paul Levy, CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess, on transparency in the medical center setting
- Allison Lawton, SVP, Genzyme, on the major drivers of transparency in the pharmaceutical industry
- Roberta Clarke on deception, transparency, and the responsibility of the medical consumer