Brian Malachowski, MS•MBA’09, Health Sector Management

in Graduate Student Profiles, HSMP Alumni, Student Profiles
October 20th, 2011

Brian MalachowskiOriginally from Cranston, RI, Brian lived and worked in Boston for two years before beginning the MS•MBA program in Health Sector Management (HSM) at Boston University’s School of Management.

Why BU?

“I chose Boston University specifically for the combination of the Health Sector Management program and the MS•MBA. Before starting on my MS•MBA degree, I worked with a vendor of enterprise hospitals solutions and found hospital information systems to be fascinating. Since I didn’t have any formal technical training I chose the MS•MBA track to gain a better understanding of technology.

“Hospitals and the health care industry present a very unique set of challenges and issues. I saw the Health Sector Management program as an opportunity to get a deeper understanding of the depth and complexity of those issues.

“My view and understanding of how to understand and use information systems has grown in leaps and bounds. The Health Sector Management program has not only expanded my knowledge of the issues our health delivery network is facing, but I have also been able to meet and network with a vast number of alumni and professionals. I was able to secure my summer internship due to connections I made with HSM alumni.”