Executive MBA Creates iPad App
Custom App Eases Access to Multiple Materials
The Boston University Executive MBA Program (EMBA) has released its first custom iPad application to provide current and prospective students with enhanced access to information and tools. The EMBA Program has continued to evolve its digital strategy first by including all course material on the iPad (beginning two years ago), then offered access to e-textbooks as well as tools for editing and note-taking, and more recently to support the curriculum in the classroom. All students are provided an iPad as part of their tuition when they begin the program.
Students who travel frequently have found the iPad to be a major step forward in simplifying convenient access to information. “My iPad gives me access to everything I need to complete my assignments wherever I am: books, assignments, email, WebEx,” says Peter Spiess (EMBA’12). “Given the workload of the EMBA program, it’s important to use every spare minute effectively and having an iPad allows me to do just that.”
The BU EMBA app contains information that prospective students will find helpful including easy access to faculty profiles, information session registration dates and sign up forms, alumni videos, current blogs, and social media sites. Existing students will be able to directly link to a student portal and access a variety of digital tools provided to enhance the EMBA student experience.
Specifically, the application brings together all the EMBA resources in one place.
Features for prospects:
- Access to faculty and staff profiles & contact info
- Ability to watch all the EMBA videos
- Direct to the contact/registration form on the EMBA microsite to request info, register for sessions, download brochure
- Link to EMBA LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and blog
Features for both prospects and current students:
- Easy access to the School of management calendar and university calendar
- List of recommended iPad apps helpful to the EMBA experience
Features specific for students:
- Student Portal featuring the class schedule, links to SMG Tools, Sharepoint, WebEx (used for team meetings) and the current EMBA eNews letter
The application is available in the iTunes App Store by searching “BU EMBA.”
For more information on the Boston University EMBA iPad application, please contact Janice Dolnick at 617 353-7087 or email@example.com.