Jeremy Zizmor, BSBA’98

in Alumni, Alumni Profiles, B&L
April 6th, 2012

Jeremy Zizmore alumJeremy Zizmor is the director of financial operations at Rue La La, an invitation-only online destination for private sale boutiques, each open for just a brief window of time, offering premier brands at special sale prices. Zizmor is an original member of Rue La La’s startup team, helping to grow the company’s membership level to 1.2 million in 18 months. Prior to joining Rue La La, Jeremy worked in the construction industry at Constar International and began his professional career in the public accounting industry at PriceWaterhouseCoopers in the Operational and Systemic Risk Management Services practice.

The greatest truth in management: Empower those who directly interact with customers and vendors.

My first job was: Landscaping and painting houses.

The last book I read was: Why We Suck by Dr. Denis Leary.

I’ll retire when: There is enough money to support my non-professional initiatives.

No one has influenced me more than: My grandparents.

The moment I knew I didn’t know it all was when: I got my first paycheck.

I wish when I was in the School of Management: I had taken more written communication classes.

My last meal would be: A big juicy steak, potatoes, and a bottle of Pinot Noir.

The easiest part of my job is: Talking about Rue La La. The energy is contagious.

If a film were made of my life, I’d be played by: Sacha Baron Cohen

Ambition is: Best when it’s tempered with experience.

The most difficult part of management is: Balancing process improvement with the resistance people have to changing the status quo.

When I was 10, I wanted to be: A television sports broadcaster.

Most people don’t know that: I was born in a military hospital.

Every day I make the time to: Create and prioritize a list of all the projects I would like to accomplish the next business day.

Running a successful organization takes: A high-functioning team with complementary pieces.

The soundtrack of my life includes: Anything that gets my heart pumping.

Nothing tells more about a person than: What they do in business when they think nobody else is watching.

My guilty pleasure is: A large cup of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee every morning.

If I could change one thing about the world, it would be: Getting rid of all of this ridiculous reality tv.

I’m happiest when: My work and personal lives are in balance.

What’s changed most in business is: The importance of social networking.

The wisest investment I ever made was: Getting a hands-free phone in the car to keep everyone a little safer.