Shuba Srinivasan Ranked a Top Author in AMA’s Premier Publications List
Placed 16th overall, 1st among female academics
In December 2012, the American Marketing Association (AMA) launched a new annual initiative to track top contributors to premier marketing journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, and Marketing Science. The goal is to acknowledge the most productive researchers, both by authorship and university affiliation, in the previous five years and to provide a unique perspective to future doctoral students making application decisions about marketing PhD programs.
In the first Author Productivity in the Premier AMA Journals list, Boston University School of Management’s Shuba Srinivasan has ranked number 16 overall and number one for female academics for contributions to the Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research.
Srinivasan is an associate professor, Dean’s Research Fellow, and PhD Program faculty liaison in marketing. Her research focuses on strategic marketing problems, the link between marketing and financial gains, and metrics for gauging marketing performance.
Professor Srinivasan’s publications include:
- Srinivasan, S., K. Pauwels, and V. Nijs (2008), “Demand-based Pricing Versus Past-price Dependence: A Cost-Benefit Analysis,” Journal of Marketing, 72 (2), 15-27. (Abstract)
- Srinivasan, S. and D. M. Hanssens (2009), “Marketing and Firm Value: Metrics, Methods, Findings and Future Directions,” Journal of Marketing Research, 46 (3), 293-312. (Abstract)
- Srinivasan, S., K. Pauwels, J. Silva-Risso, and D. M. Hanssens (2009), “Product Innovation, Advertising Spending and Stock Market Returns,” Journal of Marketing, 73 (1), 24-43. (Abstract)
- Srinivasan S., M. Vanhuele, and K. Pauwels (2010), “Mind-Set Metrics in Market Response Models: An Integrative Approach,” Journal of Marketing Research, 47 (4), 672-684. (Abstract)
- Osinga, E., P. Leeflang, S. Srinivasan, and J. Wierenga (2011), “Why Do Firms Invest in Consumer Advertising with Limited Sales Response?” Journal of Marketing, 75 (1), 109–124. (Abstract)
Professor Srinivasan is also chair of the AMA’s Marketing Research Special Interest Group and serves on the editorial boards of Marketing Science, Journal of Marketing Research, and International Journal of Research in Marketing. Among her other honors are being named a finalist for the 2012 Robert D. Buzzell Best Paper Award, winning the 2010 Broderick Prize for excellence in research scholarship at Boston University’s School of Management, and receiving the 2001 European Marketing Academy Best Paper Award.
See Professor Srinivasan’s additional honors.