ES 740: A Career Management Course
Distinctive among business schools, ES740 is a three-credit mandatory career management course which uses an original curriculum and is taught by career center professionals and faculty from the Organizational Behavior department. It is designed to help students identify career needs and goals, understand the corporate recruiting process, and execute a successful internship and job search.
Graded on a pass-fail basis, ES704 is required for all incoming Two-Year MBA, MS·MBA, and dual-degree students.
Topics covered include:
- Self Assessment
- Career Planning Strategies
- Researching Company/Industry Profiles
- Developing Your Personal Network
- Writing Effective Resumes
- Effectively Marketing Yourself to Companies
- Writing Cover and Thank-You Letters
- Interview Types and Skills
- Evaluating and Negotiating Offers