Health Sector MBA (PEMBA)
The health sector is undergoing transformational growth and change, offering compelling opportunities and challenges for emerging managers and leaders. With the Health Sector MBA (HSM), founded in 1972, we prepare students for leadership roles throughout the health industry, including bio-technology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, health information technology, health systems management, consulting, and public policy.
The HSM MBA is dedicated to providing you with an education that positions you for an exceptional career in the field. The core MBA experience provides a comprehensive, integrated and project and team based management education only available in a top business school. Program courses dig deep into the health sector, including extensive exposure to industry leaders, practical team based projects, and intensive experiential courses. You gain both strong skills and important stories to tell that will land you jobs.
- To provide a strong education in the fundamentals of leadership and management as embodied in the Boston University MBA
- To provide courses tailored to the unique issues, skills, and content relevant to filling key management roles in the broad and expanding health sector:
- Bio-Pharma, Medical Devices, and Diagnostics
- Health Services Management
- Health Sector Consulting
- Health Information Technology
- Global Health Sector Opportunities
- To equip students with the skills, credibility, contextual understanding, and contacts to obtain desirable positions reflecting their particular areas of interest.
Part-time study, full-time quality
All of our Professional Evening MBA students receive the same high-quality education that leads to our full-time program’s reputation as one of the best in the country. You’ll gain new insights into old problems, and develop a multidisciplinary perspective on the diverse challenges that confront business leaders every day.