Professional Evening MBA
An evening program with full-time benefits
At Boston University, we’re committed to providing evening MBA students the same quality education and support as our full-time students. That’s why we have the same faculty teaching full-time and evening students—in the same building. With the same elective options, and with an MBA curriculum specially designed to meet the unique needs of working students.
It’s why we keep the student services office open later in the evening, along with Career Services, the management library, and even our own Starbucks.
Unique to the Boston University Professional Evening MBA Program, students have the choice to join a cohort of students with whom they complete the first year of their core curriculum classes. There is no other option like it among Boston-area evening MBA programs.
Two convenient locations
- A curriculum specially fine-tuned from the BU full-time program; the nation’s 27th ranked MBA program
- Full-time faculty teach 80% of our courses
- Evening and full-time students intermix in electives, sharing experiences and diverse viewpoints
- Wide range of electives in all business disciplines
- The University advantage – courses and dual-degree programs available through BU’s other schools and colleges
- Access to worldwide network of 30,000 BU management alumni
- Convenient Kenmore Square location, and discounted parking in our indoor garage
Take advantage of BU’s long relationship and strong ties to Boston’s health care and nonprofit communities. You can become part of this vibrant network by enrolling in our Health Sector Management or Public & Nonprofit Management MBA. In addition to completing the required MBA courses, you will take special elective courses in health care or nonprofit management. You will also complete a 400 hour internship, usually at your workplace and spread over a semester or academic year. Most important, you will build relationships with our faculty, alumni, and students who have strong connections with health care and nonprofit organizations around the world.
PEMBA students can immerse themselves in another culture and witness first-hand how business is conducted overseas by enrolling in one or more of the following summer options:
- International MBA Program: Live and study in Beijing and Shanghai, China. All courses are taught in English by BU professors.
- Field Seminars in Asia, Brazil, Europe and India: Spend two weeks visiting a wide array of organizations and meet with upper-level managers to learn how their firms deal with competitive environments.