HSM and Boston
The HSM MBA program has forged strong relationships with major players in the health sector communities in Boston and beyond, providing extensive job, research, and networking opportunities. We have faculty and alumni connections to many premier healthcare companies from Genzyme Genetics to Partners Healthcare to PricewaterhouseCoopers consulting.
You can find more information about careers in the Health Sector in the Career Services section of the website.
- Nearly 500,000 people in Massachusetts work in the health sector
- Massachusetts is the largest biotechnology center in the country
- The state receives more NIH grant money per capita than any other state in the nation
- Greater Boston is home to an unparalleled number of nationally and internationally acclaimed private and public organizations in the health sector. Just a sample:
Health Care Systems:
- Partners HealthCare
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Managed Care Organizations and Other Insurers:
Health Information Technology:
Health Care Consulting Firms:
Boston University has a rich array of health sector related resources. For example: